Speak Easy.

You're here, and we love you for it.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Here comes the sun, over my head...

...show me the path, and I'll be led...

That was one of the coolest concerts of all time, for a few reasons.

1. Michael Tolcher is amazing. And he signed our shirts.
2. The shirts turned out really sweet, despite the fact that I put the design a little too low on mine and Cassidy's.
3. You can't go wrong with anything from Gavin or Howie, most especially when it's live.
4. There is another opportunity to see them in 2 weeks.
5. Cassidy showed some drunk girl where to take her liquor breath...story time!

We're standing amongst a large group of good-natured individuals, when Howie begins playing "Collide". Enter approx. 13 extremely drunk girls (wearing their "Hi I'm Under-Age" bracelets, even), screaming along with the song, pushing into everyone, and reeking of filthy firewater. The three of us are in the front of the pack of people annoyed with these intoxicated individuals (there was one male that kept apologizing, but he wasn't sorry enough to take his herd elsewhere), and so we quickly began throwing elbows and firmly pushing away with our hands in order to help our fellow concert patron have a more enjoyable experience. Cassidy, growing increasingly annoyed by not being able to hear the songs that we oh-so-adore, and knowing that her jovial shoves forward are not being well-recieved, sacrificed the sanctity of her shirt by hauling back and knocking some girl right in the face. You should see the blood spots right above "Yay for Howie! Michael". The group finally realized how unwelome they were, and exited the premises, and Cassidy got several "Thanks You"s and "Good work!"s.

Howie and Gavin both played my favorite songs by them (I have 3 for Gavin, 3 for Howie), but Michael opted not to play the song that was written on the back of my shirt. He did however play the other 3 that I thought about putting on there, so I've decided to give him points for that. And he felt badly about not singing it when I gave him crap after the show. I think it was genuine...

Coolest thing ever: Literally right as Gavin finished playing his last song, the fireworks started. I got goose pimples. Nothing is cooler than an encore of "Chariot", complete with sweet introduction and fireworks booming in the sky above you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home