Speak Easy.

You're here, and we love you for it.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Old Port.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Not gonna lie, Thanksgiving remains a not-so-big-deal holiday in my book.  My parents did come to visit me, but honestly- I feel like a big let down in the tour guide department.  I don't get to explore Portland that much.  Mostly I do grad school stuff and occasionally get lucky and go out to something cool.  I don't really get to explore the town.  Even if I did get to, it would require money.  Either way, i hope they enjoyed their vacation! 


I took some sweats over to my friend Victoria's house tonight and some good movies, but as it turned out it was a serious high end vagina fest.  Don't get me wrong, the girls were nice to me, but they were not my type of people, in general.  One girl said "like" more than anyone I have ever met in my life.  They were all wearing essentially the same thing (very stylish), and I felt like the homeless butchy girl in the group.  (Side note here: anyone see that Dave Chapelle skit with the big fat friend who cock blocks?  I think it is call "Idols in Hook up history" or something?  I feel like I looked like that cockblocker.)  They were drinking wine out of glasses, as I sipped my wine every so gracefully out of a plastic cup.  Long story short- I miss my friends.  Which includes you guys.

Something strange did happen in the midst of all this.  FINALLY some sausage showed up to this painful vagina fest.  Just to clarify- everyone at this gathering went to high school together in South Portland except for me, obviously.  So two guys come in- Scott and Chuck.  They had been talking about Chuck playing baseball, but with the potential of this crowd to know anything about sports, I assumed they meant video games or in high school.  Either way, Chuck and I started chatting at some point, and I said I was from Michigan, and he said he loved and lived in Grand Rapids for a while.  Okay- I just realized this is a boring story, so i'll cut to the chase.  Chuck was drafted by the Tigers a few years ago and pitched for the Whitecaps.  So he's kinda famous.  At least in Portland and to very intense baseball fans.  AND (bonus!) he's a really nice guy.  Although he did talk some shit about Derek Jeter, which hurt my feelings.  It was probably one of the strangest googling experiences ever when I googled him this morning.  Because I have never met someone with so many search results in real life. 

http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=charlie+furbush

So there you have it. 

Now I have a headache that won't go away and a cold still lingering despite my efforts to be rid of it.  I also have a shit-ton of reading and writing to do today.  I cannot wait to be home. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home