Speak Easy.

You're here, and we love you for it.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sun where the sand don't shine

OK, I've been to Grand Haven before, and I understand that the sun tends to warm up the sand a bit. In fact, I went there LAST weekend and the sand was somewhat toasty. However, I was in no way prepared for the lashing that my feet were about to recieve today. I think I have 1st degree (or is it 3rd degree? Wichever is worse, that's the one I'm choosing to exaggerate with) on the bottoms of my feet. The whole beach reeked of burning skin. Not really, but I bet the sand was about three degrees away from sending people to the hospital. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel the same about the beach again. Luckily the water was about 55 degrees (isn't Michigan amazing?) so we had a nice place to cool off.

As much as I love the great sport of volleyball, I may have to give it up. The only thing that took my mind off of the searing sand was my questioning whether I am doing permanent damage to the sport of volleyball by playing it really crappily on the beach. What if little kids see that? "I don't want to play volleyball, mom. I saw some guy at the beach playing that sport and it was horrible. Arms and legs flailing everywhere. It was awful." Seriously though, I wish I was better at volleyball. I think it's a fun sport when played correctly.

Well, I think I'm going to go take a bath in Aloe Vera Gel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home