Speak Easy.

You're here, and we love you for it.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Band camp in less than 10 hours!!

I'm very excited for this week!! I haven't heard even a tiny bit of my saxophones yet, so that makes me a little nervous, but I have reason to believe it won't be anything I can't handle in the next 5 days. They're very good kids, and musicians.

That said, my week was kinda long this last week. But it went quickly...if that makes sense. Tuesday morning I accompanied Larissa to the Greater Mt. Pleasant Area just to get a change of scenery and a breath of fresh air. Complete with DMB tunes. I worked Downtown that night, and slept at Ben's place.

Wednesday: slept in (yum), and lunched at the Cherry Inn (cute new deli) with Ben and Cortni, and worked Downtown at 5, foodrunning for the Hilary Duff concert/delayed Blues on the Mall. Typically the night of a foodrunner consists of clocking in at 5, helping the servers keep up their running duties (stocking glassware, silverware, etc), *running their food*, running drinks, things of the like. In the Front of House (FOH). THey are then out usually no later than 10, and get tipped out by the servers, based on how much they did and how well they did it. On Wednesday night however, our Dish Dawg was "running late". "He'll be here soon" says kitchen manager Brad. Well, soon turned into a full restaurant on a waiting list, a dish line that you couldn't see under the piles of plates, and cooks screaming for plateware. So there went the foodrunner, to the dish tank. For 3 and a half hours. About an hour and a half into it, Dish Dawg got there, but Brad apparently had decided that he was needed on the food line, so there he went. And at dish I stayed. But MOD Dan still had the servers tip me out a bit, and he changed my hourly from $2.65 to $7.00/hr for the entire night - I clocked out at 11:15. Followed that up with a trip to Meijer (surprise! Our in-house Lebanese was craving a Greek salad), and "Gia" at Meg's apartment. Good flick. Stayed at Karens.

Closed Thursday night. Worked from 1pm-1am Friday. Saturday worked at Kentwood from 11:30-5:45...had coffee with Liv...closed Downtown from 7ish-1:20. The early part of today was spent in Grand Rapids, then in Ionia with Cassidy, and now I'm at Opie's catching up on a week of emails and blog. Being the bad friend that I am, John Soltyziak is in the final days of his time home before being stationed somewhere for the Army, and we were supposed to get together today with Liv, but plans were never made. I'm pretty sure he leaves this week sometime, and he'll have been home for 2. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll be around after I get back from band camping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home