Speak Easy.

You're here, and we love you for it.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Good Times and Great Oldies...

Friday brought with it the end of a work week, and the best BBQ this side of the Mississippi. We had fun times, couldn't have asked for a better crowd. We got out of the pool and started playing euchre. It progressed as any normal series of euchre games would, except Opie called hearts 3 times in a row, and was set 3 times in a row, then the next time he dealt (not immediately afterwards, but close enough to make me cry on the inside) he was stuck and called hearts... and guess fucking what?!?! Got set again. It'll happen though, end of the night we were down 7 bucks, but we tied 3 games to 3. Moral victory. Financial loss.

Saturday... I woke up at the Smith's residence at 8:15 A.M. (ante meridiem, ie. real fucking early). I don't know why I wasn't able to sleep, but it just wasn't happening. So I stalked about in the kitchen until I found when I found a 5 pound tin of honey roasted peanuts. Jackpot! And I sat there watching bass fishing for 45 minutes. Why bass fishing, you might ask. They have 2 recievers, just change the channel. Well, I could have if he wasn't recording 2 bass fishing shows on two different channels for the whole fucking morning. No worries, Opie woke up, which I might have been indirectly responsible for, and we decided to have breakfast. Best Saturday morning of all time: eating burgers while floating in a pool all while listening to Jimmy Buffet jam out. Opie and I rocked out like smooth pimps for the better part of an hour.

Fast forward to today. The fantasy is over. As a matter of fact, I'm so pissed off that I here still, I'm going to go get a candy bar from the vending machine.

GMX.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home