Speak Easy.

You're here, and we love you for it.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Storytime

So there was this one time, long long ago....about 3 days, and there was some liftage at the sportsplex.

A youngman, Geoff O'Donnell, was having himself a leg day. He was wearing the HR monitor and having a day. The young man burned nearly 900 calories in an hour and a half! It was truly grand!

Whilst squatting, he put on (alledgedly) 275 pounds. "My" though Geoff "that was inordinately heavy. Perhaps my perception of weight has been skewed by the rubber nonsense at IM West. Golly, I'll suppose I'll just do 295 (Instead of 305 or more).

After doing that set, Geoffrey though to himself "Wow, I spell my name wrong, and that was also very heavy. I guess I'll take the weight off now"

Upon taking the weight off, he realized that the weights have LABELS, and on those labels it says how much each weight weighs (In pounds and kilograms). He had failed to read those labels, and had accidentally put on 35s (instead of 25s), and then 25s (instead of 10s). Which, for those of you who don't want to do the math, means 275 = 295, and 295 = a WHOPPING 345!

The Viking Sportsplex tricked Geoff O'Donnell into getting better. Let it trick you too.

We pretty much have 1.5 wks of school left, some exams, followed by awesomeness. Luckily, I have exams Monday morning, Tuesday night....and.........you guessed it, Friday morning at 7:45. Haha folks, wouldn't want me to get out early eh? Have a nice day. I posted the sportsplex hours in case anyone is in the mood for a magic show.

M/W 5am - 8pm
T/Th 10am - 8pm
Fri 5am - 7PM
Sat 8am - 2PM
Sun 10am-2pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home