Speak Easy.

You're here, and we love you for it.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Testing for DePot

If you hear any strange noises, it's me shaking the rust off of my writing skills...

I think I'll try something new today and begin by telling about the most recent events in my life, and then work backwards.

I just ate two sandwiches and drank a glass of milk.

On the way home from my drug test, I stopped at Warren nutrition and bought some delicious vanilla protein. Maybe that will get me back on Jeff's good side.

I arrived at the clinic for my drug test only to find a disappointing sight; no one behind the counter, and three people waiting. Not good. It's a beautiful Saturday and I'm going to be sitting in this freakin clinic for hours waiting to urinate in a cup. Nice. One guy was drinking glass after glass of water. Hey buddy, instead of trying to beat the test, try NOT SMOKING POT LAST NIGHT. That's a much better approach. An hour and a half after arriving at said clinic, I was home free.

On the way to my drug test I dropped off truck payment #2. I'm such an idiot.

This morning my alarm went off at 6:15. It was time for the 5K. I promptly shut off my alarm and woke up about 3 hours later. If I would have just gotten up when the alarm went off and woke up a bit, there's no way I would have skipped it. But, alas, I let my penchant for not getting out of bed screw up yet another morning. Jeff was a little offended that I didn't go, which is understandable. Sorry bro.

After our softball game last night, I hung out with cousin Kevin and Dave Thornton. Good times. We went to Vitales and had some amazing pizza and shot the breeze a little. The roof of my mouth still hurts from the scalding pizza sauce, though.

Last night Ada Beef softball improved to 4-6 with a 9-4 shellacking of some team. Does it really matter who we played? No. Any win in the Lowell YMCA men's league is a good win, unless it's against Team Zeigler.

Went to a job interview at the Home Depot last night. I got a job as a Lumber Sales Associate, which is cool, but I have some mixed feelings. I'm leaving a tiny family-owned lumber yard for a giant cold-hearted corporation. I feel dirty. But, hey, I gotta pay my rent, right? Plus, I get to walk around with a phone at work and feel important. Can't beat that with a stick. And, as a bonus, I get to take a drug test for Pot and the like. Hehe. Home De-pot. That's funny. I'll be here all week, folks. Goodnight everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home